We appreciate your continued trust in us and our dental practice, and wanted to share with you changes we have made given the current COVID-19 pandemic. You will notice some changes at your next visit in order to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Yours and our teams’ health and safety are of utmost importance, and we wanted to let you know we have taken some steps to help ensure your safety. Our team will be strictly following the new infection control guidelines proposed by the CDC and the American Dental Association. Please take a moment to read this page thoroughly to understand what to expect during your next dental visit.
Steps We are Taking to Maintain Your Health and Safety:
- Our office will be taking measures to maximize social distancing by adjusting appointment times. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility if we have to modify your appointment slightly to ensure maximum social distancing and to ensure proper amount of time for infection control procedures between appointments as well as your dental procedure.
- Our office will be disinfecting flat surfaces and door knobs regularly, including the front desk table tops.
- There will be hand sanitizer available for use throughout the office.
- All the operatories will have barriers between them to maintain social distancing and isolation.
- Most of the waiting room chairs and furniture have been removed as well as all magazines and books to avoid potential cross contamination.
- We have installed plexiglass health guards around our front desk to help reduce exposure and contact between staff and patients.
- Our entire team will be maintaining proper hygiene and proper hand washing/sanitizing throughout the day, and monitoring for potential COVID-19 symptoms.
- At the beginning of the work-day, our entire team will have their temperature taken and recorded.
Before Your Dental Appointment:
- Please arrive 10 minutes early. Please call our office (415) 681-0668 or text us at (415) 329-3837 that you have arrived. Please do not enter our office until asked to do so.
- We will call you to go over COVID-19 screening questions.
- When our office is ready for you, we will either call you or text you to come into our office.
- If someone needs to assist you at arriving at our office, we ask that helper to wait outside during your dental appointment. We are happy to contact that person when your appointment is done.
- Everyone entering our office is required to wear a mask over your nose and mouth per the requirements from the Department of Public Health of San Francisco. Unfortunately if you do not have mask on your person, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- If you need to use the restroom, we ask you to do so before your actual appointment time.
What to Expect at Your Next Dental Visit:
- Please wait outside our office, down in the lobby or in front of our office building until asked to come up.
- Please keep wearing your mask over your nose and mouth as you enter our office
- Upon arrival into our office, please use some hand sanitizer.
- Your temperature will be taken. You will be asked to reschedule your dental appointment if your temperature is >100.4F.
- You will be asked COVID-19 related screening questions.
- Upon entering in the operatory, you will be asked to wash your hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- You will be asked to gargle and rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide.
- Please put your mask back on until asked to remove it.
- We regret if we are unable to provide dental care to anyone who is a confirmed COVID-19 case, is suspected to have COVID-19 or has come into contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case and has not been tested. If you are unsure, or even if you have cold and flu-like symptoms, please contact our office to reschedule your appointment. It is safer for our clinic and the community as a whole, if we defer your appointment by a few weeks, where there is even the slightest potential for COVID-19 transmission. We appreciate your understanding.
Other Guidelines Related to COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Please contact us to reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: Cough, shortness of breath, unexplained fever (≥100.4º F), chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and/or new loss of taste or smell within the prior two weeks. Rescheduling your appointment based on the above will NOT incur a late cancellation fee if done less than 48 hours. Please contact us so we might be able to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have travelled internationally, wait at least 2 weeks before your next appointment.
- Wear your mask when out in public.
- Wash your hands frequently to prevent the spread of the virus to you and others.
- Please cover your nose and mouth during a sneeze or cough with a tissue or inner elbow if no tissue is available.
- If you feel sick, please stay home.
- We ask for your patience and understanding in these new times. Your safety and health are most important to us.